You might know the basics of how to use Instagram, but that’s not enough to increase your profile visits and engagement with your content. There are some extra steps you can use to improve your discovery and popularity.
The below tips will help you ‘step up your game’:
- Use Polls to Increase Engagement
Polls are a smart way to engage people on social media because participation is easy. With a poll, you can survey your audience to see what they think of your content and you can crowdsource ideas from your followers – such as what your next social video topic should be about. It’s all about catering to your audience.
- Make Sure Your Brand Colors Stand Out
Be consistent with your brand colors and theme not only within your Instagram profile, but also with your Stories. Consistentcy is key so that your followers can instantly recognize who the content is coming from.
How to do it:
- Tap the Aa icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Tap and hold any of the default color options and swipe the color slider to select custom colors.
- Use Location and Hashtag Stickers
Don’t you want to get discovered? Every company does! By using hashtag stickers and including your location in your Stories, you can make it easier for you to gain new followers. These stickers will show you company in more searches making it easier for new people to follow you.
- Include a Call to Action
For a call to action (CTA) to be effective, it must be clear, actionable, and easy for the user to follow. Keep CTAs in your Instagram Stories short and simple, but also attention-grabbing. Make your CTAs pop by writing them out in big, bold font.
How to do it:
- Tap the Aa icon and type out your message.
- Next, tap the Aa icon again and type out the same message using a different color.
- Move the top layer of text so that it’s slightly off-center from the bottom text (the original message).
- Shoot Vertically
This might seem obvious, but shooting vertically is the best thing to do because this is the way they are watching your stories on their phone. It makes it easier for them to consume the content without flipping their phone sideways or bending their neck to see what’s going on.
- Plan your content in advance
Scheduling your content in advance can make your life easier. Your goal should be to post one article/photo/video to your profile and Stories each day. The more you post and use hashtags, the easier it is to gain more followers and likes.